CLICK ON THE TABS TO VIEW RECOMMENDED COURSES
Refinish Technicians are expected to learn and refine the following areas as they complete each I-CAR® ProLevel™
- Remove trim and hardware
- Prepare and prime vehicles and vehicle parts
- Use and maintain a spray gun
- Mix, store, and dispose of hazardous materials
- Understand the corrosion protection process
- Sand, buff, and detail a refinished vehicle
- Understand color theory
- Mix, tint, apply, and blend basecoat/clearcoat and multi-stage materials
- Strongly encouraged to maintain ASE Refinishing (B2) certification
- Certification by their product-maker
- Receive role-relevant annual training
SIX WAYS TO LEARN AND TEST
|Live: Instructor-led classroom and/or in-shop training.|
Online: Self-study, available 24/7.
Welding Training & Certification: Instructor-led skills training and verification testing.
Virtual: Online Instructor-led learning and interactive discussion.
Hands-On Skills Development: Hands-on practice and learning with instructor coaching.